Wednesday, July 15, 2009

DNS Problem

I posted a post titled "What About Downtimes" previously and in that post I told you that my Smart Bro connection couldn't access my blog "SELaplana".

Well, after breaking in my new Kawasaki Barako 175, I immediately sit in front of my computer and think, why is it that Smart Bro, couldn't access my blog. I am a little disappointed at this time because my Globelines Broadband internet connection is again down. So, I don't have other ways to update my blog but to fix the problem with the Smart Bro.

For 3 hours of tinkering, I finally realized the DNS server used by Smart Bro might be the cause of the problem.

So, I immediately changed the DNS record of my computer. On this way, the DNS used by the Smart Bro will be overridden of the DNS record I set up on this computer.

The new DNS I used for the computer is the DNS of the OpenDNS.com.

You know, after changing the DNS, my internet connection is working again.

By the way... I am a little bit tired today. I drove my motorcycle from here in Maasin City to Divisoria, Bontoc then going to Bato, Leyte and back again here in Maasin City. The total kilometers that I run is 120 kilometers.

Not quiet long.. but it's quiet good for a single day break in.

Tomorrow, I'm planning again to do the same trip. That's when the weather is good. The total kilometers run by the motorcycle is still 986 kilometers. And I still have to break in up to 1600 kilometers. Then after that, I will then try the motorcycle to run at the its maximum speed just to know what's the maximum speed of it.

So much for that... I will be updating again the Update blog. I need to do this everyday, to find some thing that might lead to higher traffic of my blog.

No comments: