Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Indexing Observation

I had this observation since May 2009 that I couldn't understand. You see, I always post new content on the Update blog. But it seems that the Google spider will not visit the blog without other blog pointing into it.

For example, on May 2009, to start Google indexing all the content I published on that month, I need to establish first a link from this blog into the Update blog. Then once Google visited it already for that month, it will revisit the blog up to the end of the month.

But it seems that Google stops visiting the blog as the current month ends. And I need to establish a link again from this blog back to the Update blog just to let Google start indexing the blog again and revisit it up to the end of the month.

And that's what actually happened now. Since August 1 up to this day, Google had not visited the blog. And I guess, with a simple link that I made above back to the Update blog, Google will again visit the blog, index it, and revisit and reindex it again and again up to the end of the month.

Let's just see if I am right. But I guess, I am.

No comments: