Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Asking for Refund

Just like what I told you on my article, "How to avoid blog's downtime?", I already transferred from my former webhost to the DreamHost.

Actually, I got a DreamHost account last December 2009 when the server hosting my blogs was down for several days. However, my conscience was telling me not to transfer my "SELaplana" blog to that new DreamHost account for a reason that was not really clear on my mind especially when my blog was UP again.

But in order to fully use my DreamHost account, I transferred my other blogs: Pinoy Text Messages, Maasin City News, and Motoristang Pinoy. I also bought a domain, OPM Songs Lyrics, which is supposed to be for my Songs Lyrics blog, but I hesitated to transfer the "Songs Lyrics" blog into the "OPM Songs Lyrics" domain because obviously that domain is fresh and has no record at all in the search engine. So, I decided to put up a news blog for that domain.

So much for that....

I told my former webhost that I will cancel my reseller account effective June 6, 2009. Regarding the reason, I just told them that I need to transfer my blogs to my other account to help their server become free of worries from my blogs.

However, the main reason why I transferred is because they failed to gave me the VPS that I need. Their shared server is always down and downtimes affected the traffic of the blog and my income of course. I couldn't survive if my blogs will be always down.

And with the cancelation request, I am also asking them if I can have the refund for what I paid them. Actually, I paid them PhP40,255.00 for a 1 year subscription. But I will consumed only 3 months from that 1 year subscription.

I'll just hope they'll give me that refund.

No comments: