Tuesday, April 21, 2009

DreamHost PS and PSMySQL, Up

After more than two days of waiting, finally the DreamHost PS and PS MySQL of my account in DreamHost is already running.

I now realized that upgrading an existing shared account from DreamHost takes days because the DreamHost system still needs to merge the existing databases into the PSMySQL server and then the existing files will be moved into the DreamHost PS server.

Actually, I have done a mistake while waiting for my PS account to be fully setup. I was overly excited at that time.

When I received an email from the DreamHost system that they finished merging my databases into the PS MySQL server, I immediately checked my account and found that all my sites hosted by DreamHost were all down. Then I sent tickets to the Technical Support.

However, I should have not done that. But I couldn't blame my self for doing that because DreamHost failed to inform me what's happening in my account.

I only realized that I should to wait until the upgrade has finished already when I received another email from the DreamHost system that my DreamHost PS and PS MySQL are fully set up.

No comments: